Every 4-6 years they have a dance festival for the youth all over Washington. This year was the first year and instead of doing a western like the older youth I was a cheerleader. Our costumes were ridiculous. No one thought what the weather would be like on the 25 of July! We had long sleeves and the front of the shirt said LDS on it.(I know I'm going to get at least one message that will say 'aww.... that's so cute!' but it's not)
I had to do 5 dances. First was the opening which was SHOUT, next was the beachboys Tac it Up, after was an american flag thing, then there was the all girls dance. We were dancing to Mama I'm a Big Girl Now from the first Hairspray movie.(i think) That was the best one I did, I don't know about the other 500 girls. And the last one was We're All in This Together from High School Musical. All the 2500 kids did it!!!!!!!!!!!
It was fun even though we had to wear those stupid outfits!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Dance Festival
Posted by Larsen Lowdown at 1:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish I could have seen it! Ugly costume and all! I also wish I could see a picture of this pink and orange room you are planning. I painted my room when I was 16 this ugly peach/pink color, but I LOVED IT, because it was MY room, I painted it myself and I was proud! I'm sure your's will be much cooler then mine!
Rozi, that is so cool that Washington has something like that! I loved the youth program when I was growing up . . . and we didn't have anything like that! I think it is good to learn to be a good sport and to be embarrassed and learn to get over it quickly-- Being young is about having fun.
You're awsome Rozi I bet it was great and your parents were glowing with pride. I wish I could have been there
Post a Comment